|Irish Online Casino
||Welcome Bonus Type
Mr. Green Casino
|All Irish Casino
|Leo Vegas Casino
||Match Bonus plus free spins
||500 Euros and 20 free spins
While the above bonuses are only provided to new players, established members can also benefit from other rewards that are organized for them from time to time. Also, gamers should read the terms aligned to these rewards right before they accept them to know whether there are specific games that ought to utilise them.
Irish Players Online Casino Guide
Even though Irish online casinos are available in plenty at the disposal of interested parties, gamblers are instructed to exercise caution when selecting a site to play in. They need to find a place that has some of the qualities elaborated on below.
- License – Seeing that these entities use permits from companies based all over the world, it is crucial for the gamers to pick sites that have licenses from recognized regions. For example, the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, Alderney Gaming Control Board, and Kahnawake Gaming Commission among others
- Game fairness – For players to ensure that they do not perform pointless duties in a casino, they need to bet in places that have an eCogra mark of trust. A site that has this logo is one to be trusted because it means that its sets have been vetted for fairness, and passed the test. Members who get a chance to play in such Irish casinos are assured that the results are projected by a random number generator and not a casino machine ruling in favour of the betting website
- Game variety – Gaming fans that want to enjoy their online experience have to pick places that have more than just one type of game. Even more, selecting an entity that is powered by several software-producing organizations will make their betting affair even more lively. Whether the player prefers to play thinking games like poker, baccarat, and blackjack or they prefer to let the set to do all the thinking by playing slots, they should select a casino that has all the variations. It will keep them entertained longer as opposed to choosing one with a few
History of Gambling in Ireland
Ireland being an English country makes it one of the many countries that have always enjoyed sports betting, especially horse racing. Even before other forms of lotteries started flooding the market, Irish people were already taking part in a traditional way of gambling through horse racing. However, it is only after independence that the country formed a gambling regulatory body to take care of business in that sector. At that time the government stipulated that any person or organization that wants to organize a racetrack gambling event should get a permit for it. This was around 1956.
For years, the county was governed by the lotteries and gambling act. However, after the emergence of internet gambling, it became evident that the government needed to amend the law to suit the current gambling regime. It took quite some considerable amount of time for this to happen since the gaming control bill was enacted in 2013. The goal of this bill was to protect the online gambler from being taken advantage of by online casinos.
One positive aspect of the law is that it chose to take part of the tax revenues collected from staking activities and use them for creating forums that help to rehabilitate persons who have formed a habit of betting uncontrollably.
The Gambling Law in Ireland
Like numerous other nations, Ireland has some laws that regulate how online and land-based gambling takes place. These were amended in 2015 by the government. This bill had several items added to it to ensure that cases of fraud reduced, especially since online gambling can pose a threat to such activities. Some of the laws that govern betting in Ireland are:
- All online and offline gambling dens need to have a permit provided by the lawmakers of the nation for them to offer their gaming services to the Irish community. Even though no designated body takes care of this, a few government bodies like the Office of the Regulator of the National Lottery take charge in providing the permits
- The companies interested in the license have to apply for it. Processing fees have to be given to the Revenue Commissioners for them to work on the legal paper
- The act states that any person who is not yet 18 years should not gamble. An entity found responsible for availing these services faces a risk of losing their permit. Underage gamblers, on the other hand, may have to part with some amount of money to keep them from going to jail
- Up to 40 licenses can be given to the casinos that plan to put their physical premises in the region, with 23 dens operating in the country, only 17 entities have the leeway of setting up their casinos before the licenses run out
- England’s laws govern people living in Northern Ireland. Thus, they are to adhere to them to avoid any prosecution
- Both the state and private owners can own gaming premises as long as they adhere to the laws stated by the gambling regulatory body in the country
- Any gambling activities that are not fair for all parties are illegal, and promotion of unlicensed lotteries is also prohibited
- Aside from the registration fees, online entities that promote gambling have to part with renewal fees and levies imposed on them by the central government
- All rewards given at the time of lottery events are subject to limits of the prize won.
The Future of Online Gambling in Ireland
Looking closely at the laws governing staking activities in Ireland, there seem to be a few ends that need to be smoothened. For instance, there needs to be a single body that gives the permits to all entities operating in the country.
Additionally, a few amendments need to be done in regards to the limit on the licenses. It is unreasonable to limit the betting houses to a maximum of forty in the whole country. Better yet, it would be good if the government would allow land casinos to avail their services without having to bear burdensome tax policies. If the proposed bill is passed, then it means that the chance taking sector of this state will change for the better. The best bit about this is that the players will also find a regulatory body in the nation that protects them from fraud attempts by both land and online casinos.
Although there is no particular entity in charge of gambling in Ireland, the country seems to be doing well so far. The fact that international licensing bodies are chipping in to avail better services for Irish people makes it worthwhile to bet in the region. What is more, players with gambling addictions receive rehabilitation services from several companies at the expense of the government. Thus, bettors are welcomed to play their best casino games in Irish casinos for cash worry-free.
Wager members are welcomed to play in these entities mentioned above for real money. They can benefit from other casino bonuses that are not necessarily set aside for new gamers alone.